Competent Safety Leader (CSL)Designation
The objective of the Competent Safety Leader (CSL) program is to provide verification of a recognized level of competency in relation to health & safety and develop competent safety leaders in our industry who have the basic knowledge, interest and drive to effectively encourage/lead safety initiatives in their workplace.
The CSL program will provide practical training in various safety management skills, systems and principles.
Claims Management Workshop — (1/2 day)
- A review of Workers’ Compensation Board requirements and document filing procedures related to claims submission
- Covers required reporting for accidents, injuries and near misses, the development of a Return to Work Program, and recommendations on preventing a recurrence of specific accident.
- Claims Management
Manager & Supervisor Workshop – (Full day)
- Workshop to help companies ensure that supervisors and managers are aware of their responsibilities both personally and corporately relating to safety in the workplace.
- Safety Fundamentals for Managers & Supervisors Workshop Overview
Workplace Ergonomics Workshop – (1/2 day)
- This workshop is to educate and explain ergonomics to learners with the goal being to empower them to make ergonomic improvements at their own workplaces.
- To help reduce the number and severity of musculoskeletal injuries, thus decreasing workers compensation claims and increase productivity, quality and efficiency with your workplace.
- Workplace Ergonomics Overview
Safety Management System Workshop – (Full day)
- Workshop to help provide companies with the ability to develop and operate a Safety Management System with real world examples that can be applied in their workplace.
- Numerous samples of policies and documents are provided to assist companies with the development of their Safety Management System.
- Safety Management System Workshop Overview
Occupational Health Committee Training – Level I Workshop – (Full day)
- This workshop looks at the principles of the workplace responsibility system (WRS) and the roles and responsibilities of all involved (employers, supervisors, workers and OH&S).
- It includes an overview of the Act & Regulations and how to navigate those documents.
- Occupational Health Committee (OHC) Level I Workshop Overview
Occupational Health Committee Training – Level II Workshop – (Full day)
- This workshop will educate OHC Committee Members about the proper techniques of planning and conducting effective Workplace Inspections and Investigations.
- Occupational Health Committee (OHC) Level II Workshop Overview
MSA featured in CSSE Contact Magazine:
Strategies to Reduce Back Injuries
MSA teams up with other safety professionals to study vibration: Vibration in the Workplace
In 2009, the Motor Safety Association developed a two year strategic plan to influence the future state of back injuries in our membership. Last year back injuries accounted for 23% of our injury costs; which represents a tremendous opportunity to both reduce injuries and influence future premium rates.
Our ergonomics program is a systematic process that starts with a needs assessment. An ergonomics needs assessment includes the following resources:
- Written injury logs
- WCB claims
- Absenteeism rates
- Pain / Discomfort
Contact us to learn more about ergonomics!
Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Management Leadership
- Hazard Identification / Analysis
- Hazard Control
- Emergency Preparedness
MOTOR SAFETY ASSOCIATION’S SERVICES
- Industrial and Office Ergonomic Assessments
- Safety Perception Surveys
- Safety Management development
- Safety Management implementation
- Inspection of worksites
- Development of detailed inspection checklists
- Hazard Analysis and Controls
- Risk Assessments
- Job Hazard Analysis
- Assist companies with the development of safety goals and objectives
- Assist companies in developing a means to measure those goals and objectives
- Assist companies with the development and implementation of a Return to Work program
- Assist companies with the development of a list of modified duties
- Assist companies in developing Emergency Plans and Response programs
- Certification and Baseline Audits
- Click here for Detailed Description of Services